Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Luka (Suzanne Vega)

Language: Russian

Luka shows an unexpected bossy side. This one's no abused, pitiful waif! But even so: who is her mysterious interrogator?

-Jessi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My name will be Luka,
which, I live in the second field.
I live upstairs from you:
Yes, I think you saw me before.

If you hear something late tonight,
a certain form of anxiety, a certain form of fighting,
then you won't ask me if it was valid.
You won't ask me. It was correct.
You will not ask me if it was.

I think it is because it's clumsy.
I attempt not to have loud talks.
Possibly because I'm crazy,
I attempt not to act too proud.

They only strike as long as you haven't begun to cry,
and after that you don't ask why.
You don't exactly argue more.
You don't exactly argue more.
You don't exactly argue more.

Yes I think I'll be okay.
I went for a walk into the door again, in the best way.
If you ask, then which will I say?
It won't be your matter one way or the other.
Which I guess that's broken;
it wanted to be one from anything, nothing.

You'll ask me exactly: is it valid?
You will not ask me: am I valid?
You will not ask me, myself.

No comments: