Sunday, November 19, 2006

Point it Out to Me (Röyksopp)


Language: French

It's been a long time since I heard a new song anywhere that made me sit up and say, oh my god I must have a copy of that now. But I happened on the video for this song and feel in love, more or less, with it.

It's not just the aesthetic of the video, the clean, super-Euro, Wallpaper*-magazine-type design, though that's part of it: I enjoy Wallpaper*. It's also thematic: the cutting away of facades, the revelations of what's behind this thing, and then what's behind that, and what's behind that. It has, really, very little to do with the text of the song, but it happens that I like that kind of music too, so it all works out. With some songs, lyrics are kind of beside the point.

Haven't bought the CD yet. For the time being, it's good enough to be able to click over to YouTube and see the video. But someday.

I should possibly warn people who are unfamiliar with the song, if I wasn't the last person to hear it, that it's catchy to the point of being potentially obnoxious. I had it stuck in my head for several days straight1, after seeing the video. So don't say I didn't warn you.

-Jessi

1(with occasional breaks for the "Love Boat" theme, which gets stuck in my head A LOT while I'm at work -- I haven't been able to figure out why this is yet. "Crush With Eyeliner," the R.E.M. song, gets in my head a lot at work too, but that's because of the "she's a sad tomato" line, combined with being around a lot of tomatoes. One has to assume that at least some of them are sad ones. Law of averages, and everything.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Recall it, recall, recall it to me [4x]

It's been only one week that
the rapid obliteration of the house and the precipitations were to be.
This doesn't point out
what I missed in England, all this time.

Sent me without a goal
or assistance, by foot, to the transport of
windows. Where to be struck?
I had forgotten, in a friendlier phase.

Recall it, recall, point it out to me [4x]

And everywhere I go,
there is always something to remember.
Another place and time to
me, which found where the love had traveled: far.

We remained outside until two,
awaiting the return to light.
I knew it didn't speak to us
until you asked what I thought.

Point it out, recall, recall that to me [4x]

Face the truth, man: some say
analogy and puzzles are the tools of men's wisdom, but
the women hold its language.
I know that the silence speaks.

I never know much, so now that
you're sleeping close, I'm the only cause of
everywhere that I go.

Recall it, recall, recall it to me [8x]

It's been only one week that
the rapid obliteration of the house and the precipitations were to be.
This doesn't point out
what I missed in England, all this time.

Sent me without a goal
or assistance, by foot, to the transport of
windows. Where to be struck?
I had forgotten, in a friendlier phase.

Recall it, recall, point it out to me [4x]

No comments: