Saturday, November 18, 2006

Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby (R. Kelly)


Language: Russian

As best as I can determine, this was never a single. It's from the self-titled album, so 1995ish. But in the context of the just-ended Baby Trilogy, how could I pass it up?

I don't think I have anything much to say about this song. I've never, to be honest, actually heard the original. And, while I've heard things about R. Kelly's sexual proclivities, I don't know enough about them to even say something uninformed, so I'll pass on that too.

-Jessi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(Spoken:)
You want that, baby? Anything that
your heart desires: anything,
because you're there for me (truly there for me).
I'll listen to you. Which pliability's it gonna be?

[a]
Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby
Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby
Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby
Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby.

You gonna be a pliable girl? You want anything, I'll
raise it up. Because when my head was down, it was always from you that I
had an exhibition. I was completely in "The Love Store" for you; you're gonna
know that. Truly, you gotta lower yourself with me, oh.

[a]

You'll always be there for me, as no another homie: you'll
truly satisfy only my needs. (Which girl is it by? I know which.)
You was hanging downward from my side, when I was
holding you, and now you'll always be in my life, oh . . .

[a]

Taking me to church on Sunday morning is cold, girl,
because I certainly found blessings and happiness in you.
You're the darkness which shines up my day, G, when my will is for you
to understand. Oh, Lord, I thank my roads for you, because you, you --

[a]

Today when I break you, then I will see, 'k?
I'm mighty glad to know that you sent your love by Paradise Road.
It's something about that road: you make your loving when you're not making it.
And now, baby, I'll be loving you to forever, oh . . .

(Spoken:)
You were always there for doing me -- do you know I speak?
I assume you'll purchase something glorious outside today, so you're real.
I'm gonna be here for you as long as the day doesn't become night (which it will).

[a]

Yes, promise me that we won't divide my heart from the bottom:
let's say a prayer together, say a prayer together to the baby.
Can we tell the baby's father (together) to pray
for the artistic ones in paradise, who
hold this love together? The mole is me and you: that'll be
my prayer. Baby, baby, baby, I love you.

No comments: