Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Free (Kenny Loggins)


Language: French

This is, I think, one of the better ones. The verses aren't all that, but the chorus is oddly poetic. I like the idea of feet blowing "loose and free," like autumn leaves, or possibly drifting snow. Which I looked for a picture in that vein, but couldn't find one.

These days, I'm more likely to think of this song in connection with Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion than Footloose, but whatever.

Happy holiday to those of you who actually, you know, get days off for it.

-Jessi

Picture credit: Lorraine Shemesh. See more of her paintings here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Subsistence is so hard. I'm functioning,
perforating my chart,
for what? Eight hours?
Ah, that tells me to get

this feeling: I get
the right of possession. At the end of that time,
I'll strike the ceiling,
or I'll tear this city: which one
this evening? I got a cut.

The feet blow loose and free
(in addition to your Sunday shoes).
I'll satisfy Louise,
withdraw myself, jack my knees, and
get behind
before we split. I advanced
your blues and lost them, so
that everyone crossed freely.

You play so freshly,
in the manner of obeying each
rule with your heart. The excavation of the bottom
is certainly extreme; you are to aspire to it.

Somebody said to you
that your life doesn't pass.
It's for me to say that
you don't judge yourselves, even if
if you'd only cut the fly can.

The feet blow loose and free
(in addition to fitting your Sunday).
Oowhee, Marie jolts
it, shakes it for me.
Whoa, milo:
advance, advance, go left.
Your blues lost; that is,
everyone crossed freely.

Initially - we turn you around, to obtain it.
Second - you put your feet on.
Third - maintain your heart, seizing.
Four - a coward turns me to the ground, whooooooooa,
free and loose.

The feet blow free
(in addition to your Sunday shoes).
Louise is satisfied,
my knees withdraw. Jack me,
advance before a behind gets split.
Your blues lost:
everyone crossed freely.

No comments: