Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Want Myself Sedated (Ramones)


Language: Portuguese

Stayed home from work today because I've been having some unusual stomach stuff this week, which I won't describe. It wasn't what you'd call incapacitating, but it was unpleasant, and it certainly made my life better to not have to stand up for eight hours on top of that. I had a sneaking suspicion that maybe it was stress-related (because it often is), and this might still be the case, though I'm not, when it comes down to it, aware of anything that's stressing me out particularly at the moment.

But possibly some sedation might be helpful. Either I'd relax and it'd go away, or I'd sleep through it.

I don't really have any personal memories associated with this song. It's one of those songs that I somehow just "know" without ever having been introduced. There are people like that, too, who are just kind of always around in the background somewhere, and eventually they're familiar enough from seeing them around all the time that you have some sort of vague friend-ness happening with them.

-Jessi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go:
I want myself sedated.
Nothing to make,
no part to go into --
I only want myself sedated.
The airport started it
and set a
plan: the haste of the haste of the haste,
before I go insane.
I cannot control that finger: oh me, oh my.
I cannot control my brain.
Oh, none of the hos
put me in a wheelchair. I only
started. ("To me, and not to me.")
Before I go, the lease shows the haste of the haste of the haste.
I cannot control my fingers;
I cannot control my foot-fingers.
Oh, oh, none of the hos.

No comments: