Saturday, September 30, 2006

Wonderful Class of the Love (Phil Collins)


Language: Spanish

This is a high school song for me; a friend of mine (whose initials were also J.G., incidentally) liked it, I think, for the cheesiness. Or possibly she didn't like it, and she just liked mocking it. It's really hard to tell. Maybe her mother liked it, and J.G. just liked it because it was familiar: this is a definite possibility, since her mother also had lots of Linda Ronstadt and Barbra Streisand laying around the house. Which reminds me -- I should totally do "Don't Know Much" sometime.

Anyway. Phil Collins is a tool, but this can't really be news to anybody. And dorkitude and coolness are only inversely related up to a point: when you become enough of a wanker, any further geekiness only makes you cooler. I don't think Phil Collins is at this point yet (he's very close, I think, to the point of minimum coolness, down there with Michael Bolton, Will Ferrell, and Celine Dion), but it's happened for other people (e.g. Zamfir, Tammy Faye Baker, etc.).

-Jessi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I must do everything when I'm feeling blue: what
a glance you must take, then. I'm not so blue
when you are near me. I can feel his heart fight itself, like
you. Can you hear that breathing, near my ear, which
you obtained? Baby, you wouldn't agree to a wonderful class of love.

You always returned to give me your wish, on your can.
In all things and at any times: any that you wish.
Ooh, when I shake the lips, beginning to kiss,
I cannot control the interior that you shake.
Baby, you wouldn't agree that you obtained a wonderful class of the love. Ooh . . .

I must do everything when I am feeling blue: what
must you take later? A glance? I'm not so blue
when I am in its arms. Nothing I look like concerns me.
My entire world could break: you care?
Baby, you wouldn't agree, that you obtained a wonderful class of the love.
We obtained a wonderful class of love,
we obtained a wonderful class of love, ooh,
we obtained a wonderful class of love.

No comments: