Sunday, August 20, 2006

Only Lucky If It Rains (Garbage)


Language: German

Unfortunately, the second song in the Rain trilogy isn't my best work, and the better parts of it are the ones where I diverged the most from the Babelfished text. While it's true that they can't all be gems, the whole lucky/happy switcheroo loses novelty fast, and I doubt this is going to inspire anybody to bump up the ends of the amusement. Maybe next time.

-Jessi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm lucky: it's only mine if
it rains, only if it's difficult.
I know that you can't estimate it,
which is only lucky for me if it rains.

You know the messages are bad. I love it! If
it believes thus, well, why believe thus? Sadly,
I'm only lucky.

Your misery rains down; you're pouring
your misery down on me; you pour
your misery down; pour
your misery down on me; pour.

Believe me, I'm only lucky if it rains.
Things only go that well if I'm wrong.
To the sad, sad songs you hear,
which are only lucky if it does not rain on me.

I only smile in the darkness,
which is my only comfort. Gone into the black night,
inadvertently, I explained that to you.
I'm only lucky, if

you receive the announcement: "Rain, until I'm through,
weigh me against myself, and if you
are lucky, I'll be alone."

Your misery rains down; you're pouring (you pour your misery down).
Pour your misery down on me (you pour your misery down),
pour your misery down (you pour it down, miserably),
pour your misery down on me (you pour your misery down),
pour your misery down (you pour your misery down),
pour your misery down on me (you pour your misery down),
pour your misery down

You can hold me so long (for company):
so how are you not interested?

You are lucky it liked me; I'm only over if
my new obsessions hear the rain.
I'll ride strongly after the deepest, lowest point,
which is only lucky for me if it rains. (You poured something -- misery? -- down on me.)

I'm only lucky if it is (You poured something -- misery? -- down on me.),
I'm only lucky if it is (You poured something -- misery? -- down on me.),
I'm only lucky if it is (You poured something -- misery? -- down on me.),
I'm only lucky if it rains, rains (You poured something -- misery? -- down on me.).

No comments: