Sunday, June 04, 2006

You Aren't Being Truly Cruel to the Heart (Elvis Presley)

Language: Russian

Maybe it sounds a little stiff and formal to you, compared to some of the others. Well, it was the 50s. People talked differently then.

-Jessi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You know me: it is possible to find home,
seated entirely independently, if you cannot arrive all over.
At least it pleases you to telephone:
you aren't being truly cruel to the heart.

Baby, if I made you angry for something,
then I could say, we are pleased to forget the past, and
the future it looks bright forward.
It's not truly cruel to the heart.
I want no other love, baby; it's you that I think is valid.

You won't stop to think of me,
don't make me feel. This road is further over here.
I want you to say you know,
and to fall in love with me.
You aren't being truly cruel to the heart.
Why must we be isolated?
I actually love you baby: intersect my heart.

Prevent us from taking a walk to a preacher.
Prevent us from saying we made it.
Then you know you'll have me,
and I know that I'll have you.
It's not truly cruel to the heart.
I want no other love, baby; it's you I think is valid.

Do not be truly cruel to the heart.
You aren't being truly cruel to the heart.
I want no other love, baby; it's you I think is valid.

No comments: