Sunday, June 11, 2006

Return From San Francisco (Magnetic Fields)

Tonight: A Very Special Babelpop!



Language: Spanish

My husband is out of town this weekend (not in San Francisco but that's not important), and things around the Guilford estate are pretty low. So I decided that to cheer myself up, I'd try to do a topical song. Though this one probably doesn't count as "pop," (I doubt that it was ever a single), and isn't even entirely appropriate in places (like the ending), it's the best I could come up with in the fifteen minutes I spent thinking about it.

I didn't do as much of the customary elaborate twisting that I usually aim for, as a result of the exceptional circumstances.

-Jessi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Return from San Francisco –
that cannot be everything,
when you lack of all New York City.
The disc boys that you must,
distract them from your novel.
Remember enough that I am tremendously in love with you
You need me
as the the wind necessitates trees to blow inside
as the moon needs poetry
you need me

Return from San Francisco
and kiss me, I am unemployed, smoking.
I lack doing the wild thing with you.
I will remain myself – you, I don't think so
but what I do is all preoccupation.
Package the purses, call the taxis
and hurry them to me, to the house.

When you betray me
betray with the kiss that you curse.
Never I have remained upon this so late.

No comments: