Sunday, June 11, 2006

Oops! . . . I F***ed It Another Time (Britney Spears)

Language: Portuguese

First: I decided to try something new here, and ran this song through Portuguese instead of Russian, as all the previous songs have been. I don't see that it made much difference.

Second, the title is a bit of a stretch, but probably not the way you think: when I ran this through Babelfish the first time, the title came out "Oops! ...I f4 it another time." It didn't seem that far out of the way to go for the joke. This didn't happen, though, any of the other places in the song with the same words, so I'm at a loss to explain why. I just know that it happens consistently with the title.

-Jessi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

I think that I did it another time:
I made them believe I am more than a baby
Oh the friends could seem crushing
but it doesn't mean I'm serious.
Losing all my directions –
that's just typical me.
Oh baby's baby.

Oops... I did it another time:
I played with his heart, started losing in the baby game.
Oops, baby...
You think that I'm in the love,
that I myself am emitted from above –
I'm not really this innocent.

You see, my problem is this –
that I'm dreaming. Moved by
the heroes' desire, derived from them.
I cry out, "Give attention to the days!"
Can't you see me? Thus, a fool in many ways,
but losing all my directions –
that's just typical me.
Baby, oh

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

["Everything on board"
"Britney, before you go, there is something I want her to have."
"Oh, pretty, but wait one minute, yeah isn't this... "
"Yes it is."
" But I thought that old woman left it to fall in the ocean's extremity, good baby."
"I was low. I started it for you."
" Oh, I must not have it."]

Oops... I did it another time,
started losing his heart in this game.
Oops, baby! You think that I am emitted from above –
I'm not really this innocent.

No comments: