Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Insane (Gnarls Barkley)

Jessi’s Patsy Cline “Crazy” remix last month made me think of this song, and so I listened to it nonstop 7,349 times in a row rather than take the four minutes to translate it. Then I got sleepy.
But then duty roused me, although the results aren’t all that transcendent; the song is curiously impenetrable. Maybe that’s why it’s so catchy.

Of course, as with Robin Williams movies, it wouldn’t be Babelpop if we didn’t learn a little something about ourselves and what it means to be a human in the &c., &c. In this case, what I learned was that the top search for “crazy lyrics” is not Patsy Cline or Gnarls (or Aerosmith or Simple Plan or Seal or even Fine Young Cannibals), but R&B duo K-Ci & JoJo, whom I’ve never had the pleasure of ever hearing about ever before ever. Does that make me lazy?

n.b. My favorite version (until the Paris Hilton cover comes out, no doubt) of this is the first time I saw them perform on Conan, where they’re all wearing towels and they slow it way the hell down and Cee-Lo’s voice sounds like it’s about to give out any second, although the costumes worn in the MTV movie awards performance have a special place in my heart. Cee-Lo would have been so much better than Hayden Christensen! And there could have actually been chemistry between Anakin and Amidala!

You suck too, Jake Lloyd. Preparati la Bara!

-- Samantha


v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^

I remember when I remember that I remember
When I lost my spirit.
There were something so pleasant about this phase.
Even your emotions have an echo in so much space

And when you are outside there without care,
I were out of contact;
But it was not because I did not know that enough.
I just knew too much

Which returns me insane
Done, that returns me insane
Done that, probably.
Return to me, insane.

And I hope that you have the period of your life
But thinks that twice.
It is my only council

On now, which make you, which makes. You, which does you who think, you are you?
Ha ha ha, bless your heart!
You really think that you are in The Order?
Well, I thinks that you are insane.
I think. That you are insane,
I think that you are insane. Just like me.

My heroes had the heart to lose their lives outside on a member.
(And very!) That, I remember. Think that: “I want to be like them.”
Since I was small, since I was the little, of it resembled Ohio recreation.
And it is not any coincidence, which I came
And I can die when I am made.

But perhaps I am insane
Perhaps am insane for you
Perhaps am probably insane… for us.

No comments: