Monday, June 19, 2006

Loco (Patsy Cline)

Language: Spanish

Sort of a shout-out to my friend Liz, who I knew two jobs ago. (Hi, Liz!) More often than not, we used to sing this together whenever it came up on the stereo; it was a thing. Probably you had to be there. Anyway.

This could maybe have been stranger if I'd worked on it a lot longer, but there aren't really all that many words in it to work with, and half of them are the word "crazy," so this is probably as good as it gets within a reasonable period of time. One minor cheat here: Babelfish actually does translate "loco" back from Spanish into "crazy." I just undid that part of the translation because it makes it sound more interesting, and because I think "loco" is acceptable as an English word, as far as I know.

-Jessi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Loco,
a loco person to feel so single.
I am loco,
a loco person to feel so blue.

I knew
that you would love me while you wished,
and then someday
you would leave for somebody new.

Why do
I let preoccupation worry me?
Wond'rin'
what in the world I made?

Loco
to think that my love could maintain him.
I am loco for tryin' that,
loco for cryin' and I
am loco for lovin'.

Loco you,
to think that my love could maintain him
I am loco for tryin' that,
loco for cryin'
and I am loco for lovin' you.

No comments: