Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Downward From the House (Talking Heads)

Language: Russian

This is the one that started everything. I don't know why I did it in the first place, but I was hooked, I think, when I noticed how dramatically different the first four lines were in meaning from the original song.

Lines like "Entirely moist -- hey you could dream," or "Furthermore: to go, it tore up the flame," were just gravy.

-Jessi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Watch what you could obtain after
cold babies. Strange, but no stranger.
I will be the usual guy
of grief from the house.

Not downward, hold tightly, expectation
above possession. Inside, for the nasty weather.
There has got to be expensive grief
downward from the house.

Here's your packet, ticket, bag: time to skip outside.
Transportation, here.
Closely, sufficiently, but too far (possibly you know where),
warfire with the fire.

Entirely moist – hey you could dream.
Shake down a raincoat, go for a walk in extensive daylight
of three hundred, sixty, five degrees of grief
downward from the house

It was once on the spot sometimes; it listens to itself
to go, it comes in first.
People of place on their road to work. (Baby, it made you. Furthermore:
to go, it tore up the flame.)

My house, from ordinariness
will be power. He wants not to hurt no one.
Something's confident. It is which conserved jar? It protects me from my feet of grief, downward from the house

Any visible middles of support, and you did not see anything,
but all it put together.
Me he does not know. you hope. Staring into fire, television,
warring with the fire.

No comments: