Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sledgehammer (Peter Gabriel)

Language: Russian

I want people to start saying "Let's bump up the ends of this amusement!" in songs. Like what "Let's get this party started" used to be. Probably a long shot, right?

-Jessi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You could have a vapor train
if you would lay your tracks down precisely.
We could have flying airplanes
if you brought back your blue sky.

Everything is what you make it be.
I will be you, a bell, anything –
we could have a large dipper,
to go up and down, around the bends.
We could have you bumper an automobile,
bumping up the ends of this amusement.

I never want to be your sledgehammer.
Why don't you make my name your bell?
Oh, prevent my becoming your sledgehammer.
This will be my testimony.

(shows me around your fruitcage:)
Because I will be by your honeybee,
open up your fruitcage,
where I can be as sweet as fruit.

I want to be your sledgehammer
why don't you make my name your bell?
Which sledgehammer would improve your bell?
It places your reason on standby.
I'm any sledgehammer.
This can be my testimony.
I'll be your sledgehammer.
I'll prevent any doubt there was.
I eat sledge, sledge, sledgehammer.

I kicked the habit shed, so
now my skin will be a new substance.
I am inside, dancing (we go inside to dance).
Oh, you will not be my exhibition.
I will show you my exhibition;
I will show you.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,
I intend you, only you, you.
He came through to build that power structure
and build up what it sets in action.
I gave rhythm;
I was also given rhythm.
You're going to feel that force is constructed in you:
it comes further, after it goes further,
which helps you to make it.
[yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah]
I gave you rhythm;
I was also given rhythm.
We make rhythm all day and night.

No comments: